I remember attending a Towns Womens Guild in November 1970 in Lichfield, Staffs
where we had a talk on bobbin lace with a demonstration on a board using
probably, skipping ropes with wooden handles for the thread and bobbins.  I was
one of those who thought it looked too difficult and being heavily pregnant
with our son, had no time for a new hobby, plus I was doing wood carving at the
evening school at the time.  I think the idea stayed in my brain until I
visited the UK in 1994 and saw a pillow kit in a craft shop.  So there must
have been a local guild in the Lichfield area.
Janice

Janice Blair Murrieta, CA,
jblace.com