1. Michael Auclair was a good friend of mine. We were both members of the now
defunct Lace Guild of New York. I believe I was the only person in our shared
lace orbit ever invited to his upper East Side cold water walk-up flat. He was
passionate about his lace, and liked to pick my brain about embroidery, since
both lace and embroidery have often traveled together on the same textile,
whether clothing, household linens, or ecclesiastical textiles. Since
embroidery is easier to identify and date, this is important for all to know.

2. Has everyone forgotten that I wrote about the Kliots in California, because
of an article in the Nov./Dec. 2017 PieceWork magazine? See:
https://www.mail-archive.com/lace@arachne.com/msg51462.html

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center
In a message dated 5/15/2018 12:11:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,