Fascinating topic!

The structure she is working on looks much more like a loom than a pillow.
I know  very little about weaving, but there is
at least one type that uses bobbins.  The textile which is coming off of
the back also looks more like a weaving or tapestry
as the pattern seems to take 2 colors to make.   I can't wait to hear what
others have to say.

Kim

http://www.cervantesvirtual.com/obra-visor/trujillo-del-peru--volumen-ii/html