On 2014-04-08 14:44, Daniel Naber wrote:

> I have now added a
> branch ("readable-pos-tags") for this, simply because the changes are
> getting so complex. It's still incomplete and buggy.

As you may have noticed, I did some work in this branch. You can see it
at
https://github.com/languagetool-org/languagetool/tree/readable-pos-tags

Although it basically works for English and German, the changes have not
been merged back to the master branch as I'm not happy with them.
Writing a class that turns the internal POS tags (like "NN") into
structured POS tags (like "pos=noun, number=singular") isn't very
complicated, but still quite some work and it's obviously
language-specific. These classes should be developed by people who
actually speak the language. I'm not sure if that would actually happen
so we might have several languages that only support the old POS tags
for years and I'd like to avoid that.

Then there's the general problem that we cannot move all old POS tags to
the new ones. It's not possible to do automatically, and it's also not
desirable, as sometimes the old POS tags are much more compact. So we'd
have two ways to do the same thing, basically forever.

So for now, I will keep the code in that branch and not merge it...

Regards
  Daniel