hi again, :)

i tried again & now am succesfull.. :) this is my script

#!/bin/sh
ipr="/sbin/ip"

NetExtA="...6.64/26"
IPExtA="....6.106"
GtExtA="....6.70"
NetExtB="...9.0/25"
IPExtB="....9.124"
GtExtB="....9.1"
Netlcl="172.31.13.0/24"
IPlcl="172.31.13.1"

NetgrpA="172.31.13.10/31"
NetgrpB="172.31.13.20/31"
NetgrpC="172.31.13.30/31"

  $ipr rule del prio 99 from $NetExtA
  $ipr rule del prio 98 from $NetgrpA
  $ipr rule del prio 74 from $NetExtB
  $ipr rule del prio 73 from $NetgrpB
  $ipr rule del prio 49 from $NetgrpC
# $ipr rule del prio 48

echo 100 EXTnA >> /etc/iproute2/rt_tables
echo 75 EXTnB >> /etc/iproute2/rt_tables
echo 50 BALANCE >> /etc/iproute2/rt_tables

  $ipr rule add prio 99 from $NetExtA table EXTnA
  $ipr rule add prio 98 from $NetgrpA table EXTnA
  $ipr rule add prio 74 from $NetExtB table EXTnB
  $ipr rule add prio 73 from $NetgrpB table EXTnB
  $ipr rule add prio 49 from $NetgrpC table BALANCE
# $ipr rule add prio 48 table BALANCE

  $ipr route add default table EXTnB via $GtExtB dev eth1 src $IPExtB
  $ipr route add $NetgrpB via $IPlcl dev eth2 table EXTnB

  $ipr route add default table EXTnA via $GtExtA dev eth0 src $IPExtA
  $ipr route add $NetgrpA via $IPlcl dev eth2 table EXTnB

  $ipr route add default table BALANCE nexthop via $GtExtB dev eth1
nexthop via $GtExtA dev eth0
  $ipr route add $NetgrpC via $IPlcl dev eth2 table EXTnB

things work fine from the client's end, and follows the
routing/balancing as defined.. but when i use **2 append ** ip route
commands to table BALANCE--viz
ip route append default via $GtExtB dev eth1 ta BALANCE
ip route append default via $GtExtA dev eth0 ta BALANCE
then everything **STOPS**... WHY ????

julian u wrote in ur mail about adding >>>ip rule add prio 5 ta main
& i also saw it in the docs too but i couldnt understand the
importance.. more so coz there was no routing attached to this prio..
will the default route of ta main(32766) be carried to table main (prio
5) ??.. can u please tell me more about it ?...

awaitng a reply
thanking u in advance
A.H