George,

You wrote:

...  I have been working with LabVIEW for a
long time now and I still find myself baffled by labviews sneaky way of
linking things together...
So often I have had two very similar projects and ...
I wind up having to rename all of the files with some
clever prefix, but when there are more than say two files it really starts
to irk me.  Because it is not enough to rename them in windows... then you
have to go around replacing everything...

The OpenG package building suite has some name-mangling tools that automate the process of adding a project-dependent suffix to all the VIs in the project. Once you get things untangled, this is a quick way to keep them untangled.

--
        EnWirementally,
        Paul F. Sullivan

        SULLutions              (781)769-6869
        "when a single discipline is not enough"

visit http://www.SULLutions.com