Jeff,

Yes, it would be nice if there was some consistency to the WMP
properties and methods, but they seem to vary drastically from version
to verion.  You have convinced me not to move up to WMP 9.0!

I'm sorry we could not find a cleaner solution.  My guess is that
there is some prescribed series of ActiveX calls that we need to make
to get the WMP working correctly, but finding the correct calls is
difficult (as we have found).  I would say either reverting to version
8, since we know it works here, or continuing to research potential
caveats with version 9 are pretty much our only choices.

Thanks for sticking with me on this issue, and please let me know how
it goes.  ActiveX issues are always difficult to debug and knowing
more about the strengths and weaknesses of WMP is certainly
beneficial.

Thanks again, and good luck!

Liz F
National Instruments