Craig Graham wrote:

Rolf Kalbermatter wrote:

No- the assumption is that someone else is liable if it goes pear shaped. If
you buy a product and at some later date it doesn't do as advertised you can
blame (perhaps also legally) the supplier. If it's open source, you can't.

I think this isn't based on facts :-(
I think I've never read a License Agreement which did not exclude liability completely. Even for products we pay for, there is normally a cluse that limits or excludes liability.

Was Microsoft ever made liable for the cr*... ah, sh*... no THINGS they have done? And they made realy big things wrong which caused costs in the billions worldwide! I think that many Software companies would have to go Chapter 11, if they could be made liable for the things they have done wrong!

Bye

Marco