At 10:11 AM 6/2/2004, you wrote:
might engender a similar warning as would a discussion of whether the Grateful Dead were the greatest all time rock band.

I cast my vote for Floyd.... oh.. maybe that was rhetorical? :P

But I do agree with you Scott... the list is most useful as a place for like minded people to bring their collective technical knowledge to bear on each others problems. I have always felt the general rule of thumb here as been that it was better to ask forgiveness than permission when posting a question that "seems" off topic. Of course, when the post is not solicited or a question, perhaps there is a different rule of thumb?

And I can't help wondering if an off topic discussion about off topicness is something recursive that we might never escape... :)) Good thing recursion isn't "allowed" in LabVIEW!

George Gatling
Applied Technology Division, SFA Inc.
Space Physics Simulation Chamber
US Naval Research Laboratory
202-404-5405 (phone)
202-767-3553 (fax)

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down?
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. --Jack Handy