Hi Geoge and all

When I need a some constant data that I'll never want to change, but like to use in
different places of my code, I create a VI with the constant data on the diagram and
connect it to a indicator. The indicator is then connected to the connector of the VI.
When the VI is called, the constant data is returned.
To my knowledge (please correct me if I'm wrong) the constant is truely constant and
cannot be changed by VI-server etc.
Creating a small and distinct icon for the VI, saves room on the diagram and makes it
easy to find in the hierachy window.
Of course there is a number of variations including constants of typedef clusters,
multiple indicators on the connector, or perhaps building a set of polymorph VI's that
return different types of data.

Best regards

Torben Laursen
M.Sc.EE