At 9:05 -0500 6/17/04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Regarding the cluster of constant values from which you can select one
>using an implicit unbundle:
>Is it easier to drop one constant [from the palette or file system] and
>then select which subpiece to use than it is to just select which constant
>you want [from the palette or file system] in the first place? I'm not
>opposing your general comments that a simpler way to define and then drop
>constant values would be useful, I just don't think that the proposed
>solution goes very far toward simplifying the situation.

Well I might think of a combination of these as a good compromise.

One VI with a cluster of all the constants for a program.  This could then be opened
for editing instead of finding each constant file.  Then a vi that unbundles by name
and returns that constants value.  This would be what is dropped on the diagram.  This
give the simple action of dropping a constant VI and the convenience of being able to
open and look at all constants at once.

This of course could all be isolated in a sub-folder for clarity when manipulating the
files.

-Scott