Since you are just getting started with LabVIEW, I will assume that
you have a fairly new version.  LabVIEW 7.0 had an Express VI called
the Instrument I/O Assistant.  You mention the I/O Assistant in your
post.  You mention that you have used this to control your instrument.
If you have and then press OK, it will script back into itself the
VISA VIs that it takes to do in LabVIEW what you were doing
interactively.

After that, you can open the front panel of the Express VI and it will
convert it to a subVI with all of the VISA calls in it.  You can look
around in this and see what it is doing.  You can learn from it.  You
can then modify it to read from the file or accept user entries and
send these commands instead.

You could also just write them from scratch using the VISA palette.  I
think that this is more difficult for a new user, but it is a better
way to go in the long run.