On 2016-10-17 09:52, Michael Schnell via Lazarus wrote:
>   - do I need know how/why the GUI builder creates the code that makes a
> Button visible on a Form and  my Event handler be called when a button
> is pressed ?

Yes

  (I.e. do I need to be able to write the code myself
> without the help of the GUI builder ?)

Yes

>   - do I need to know how the startup code works that make the Form
> visible on the screen ?

Yes

>   - do I need to know how the Event-Queue and the checksynchronize()
> system works ?

If you are using queues and Synchronise, then Yes.

>   - do I need to know what system, calls the pascal program performs ?

No

The rest of your questions were just flame bait so don't deserve an answer.

If you don't know any of the above, how do you expect to do any
debugging? Yes, debugging is a major part of being a programmer.

You made the [totally wrong] comparison earlier about learning to drive
a car and knowing how the engine is constructed. Well, a programmer is
not the driver of the car, he/she is the engineer designing and building
the car. The driver is more like the end-user using your program. So
YES, a programmer needs to know how the internals of a program works and
fits together, after all, it is the programmer that designs the program
and puts it together (coding).

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/