On 17.10.2016 11:07, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus wrote:

YES ...YES...NO...

IMHO a personal POV that is not very helpful in a totally general discussion (please keep in mind that the intention of the OP to consider Pascal instead of C was to keep the students from running away too soon.
The rest of your questions were just flame bait so don't deserve an answer.

If you don't know any of the above, ...
I only mentioned examples about which I do have a certain amount of knowledge. Of course there are a lot more layers and interesting stuff to learn that might be helpful in certain situations.

-Michael (usually I get bashed for digging to deep and hence not being effective)