Il 24/01/2019 14:34, Sven Barth via lazarus ha scritto:
No, Windows 10 hides the cursor if no input device (mouse, touchpad) besides a touchscreen is detected. Cause in that case a cursor "makes no sense". Note: this does not mean I agree with that, only that Microsoft thinks that.

Just for the record. In our company we manufacture control systems for automatic machines, and we provide a touch-screen industrial computer, for easy operator interaction.

In the operating instructions we write:

"If you have difficulties with touch screen, please touch anywhere on the screen and watch the cursor position, If it happens not to be exactly at the location you touched, please perform the touch screen calibration procedure explained below"

Of course we're not using Windows, but rather Linux for a lot of reasons, the main one being that we need real-time responsiveness. However this one adds one more reason to the list.

To be honest I must admit that industrial grade touch screens have dramatically improved during the years, and nowadays the recalibration is seldom required, nonetheless...

Giuliano

--
Do not do to others as you would have them do to you.They might have different
tastes.