Am Do., 24. Jan. 2019, 18:31 hat Giuliano Colla via lazarus <
lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> geschrieben:

> Il 24/01/2019 14:34, Sven Barth via lazarus ha scritto:
> > No, Windows 10 hides the cursor if no input device (mouse, touchpad)
> > besides a touchscreen is detected. Cause in that case a cursor "makes
> > no sense". Note: this does not mean I agree with that, only that
> > Microsoft thinks that.
> >

> Just for the record. In our company we manufacture control systems for
> automatic machines, and we provide a touch-screen industrial computer,
> for easy operator interaction.
>
> In the operating instructions we write:
>
> "If you have difficulties with touch screen, please touch anywhere on
> the screen and watch the cursor position, If it happens not to be
> exactly at the location you touched, please perform the touch screen
> calibration procedure explained below"
>
> Of course we're not using Windows, but rather Linux for a lot of
> reasons, the main one being that we need real-time responsiveness.
> However this one adds one more reason to the list.
>
> To be honest I must admit that industrial grade touch screens have
> dramatically improved during the years, and nowadays the recalibration
> is seldom required, nonetheless...

I take it those are resistive touch screens? For those calibration is
sometimes necessary (especially older ones as you said). For capacitive
touch panels (be it smartphone or tablet) I haven't found the need for
that.

Regards,
Sven