Van: "DougC via lazarus" <lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org>
Aan: "lazarus" <laza...@lists.lazarus.freepascal.org>
CC: "DougC" <d...@moosemail.net>
Verzonden: 2-4-2019 22:00:18
Onderwerp: Re: [Lazarus] Cross compile for Linux x64 on Windows 7 x64?

I am VERY interested in how this question is answered and resolved. It seems to be a weak point in how the Lazarus/FPC effort has developed.

This type of question has prevented me from diving into the Lazarus/FPC ecosystem because there seem to be regular requests for help in resolving this type of issue.

Doug C.

---- On Tue, 02 Apr 2019 08:14:39 -0400 Bo Berglund via lazarus <lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote ----

I have a command line utility created in Lazarus 2.0.0/fpc 3.0.4 on
Windows 7 x64. I use the Lazarus/fpc downloaded via this page:
https://www.lazarus-ide.org/index.php?page=downloads

Now I want to compile this project for Linux on the same x64 Intel CPU
so I can run it under Ubuntu 16.4 LTS Server x64.
Since that is a headless machine (it is a server) I need to build the
utility by cross-compile on my Windows x64 Lazarus installation.

Is there a *simple* instruction on how to do this? I have looked at
the doc page:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Cross_compiling
but it is too complex for me to understand. I tried to just go to the
sections I deemed relevant to my simple (and probably very common)
case but they all cross-reference into a maze...

I need a "For Dummies" how-to which presupposes I have installed
Lazarus/Fpc for Windows x64 and then tells me what to download extra
(and from where) and also how to set up the project environment to
make the Linux target.
Is something like that available?

--
Bo Berglund