Am 15.11.19 um 19:43 schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys via lazarus:
On 15/11/2019 10:42 am, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus wrote:
The crash and switch to 'fallback mode' ("restart fallback mode" would be
better named)
happens easily once a day.

I'd try using linux mint "mate", but I'm not particularly looking forward to
reconfiguring my machine. It takes days to get everything in working order
again...

I remember experiencing that too, and that drove me away from using
Cinnamon.

I'll see if the xsession_error log brings something up.

In the end I went for something that is as minimal as
possible, so it doesn't interfere with any debugging or software
shortcuts etc. I decided to moving back to good old X11 window managers,
not desktop environments. I settled on JWM (Joe's Window Manager) and
have stuck with it for near 5 years now. It stays out of my way, it only
occupies 2 or 3 keyboard shortcuts (which I configured) and only uses
8-15MB of RAM.

Feels like a discussion from 1998 :)