Am 13.11.19 um 22:00 schrieb Florian Klämpfl via lazarus:
Recently, I tried again to work with Linux Mint when developing FPC. For FPC development I use normally lazarus from trunk, typical updated very few weeks. For navigation in the code I use "Find in files" from time to time, e.g. when looking where a certain internal error is thrown. I call the Find in files dialog by Ctrl-Shift-F. Sometimes, this action crashes Cinnamon completely: mouse still works but nothing is clickable anymore (Ctrl-Alt-Fx still works so the kernel is apparently still fine). Often, Ctrl-Alt-Esc can be used to restart Cinnamon after some time, sometimes Cinnamon de-freezes after some second and shows a dialog box that it crashed, restarted and is now in safe mode (or how it is called). The most annoying part of these crashes is that all windows are moved to the first virtual desktop besides that the fact that sometimes only a reboot helps to recover.

For the record: an update in the last weeks seems to have resolved the issue. I have no idea if the update was related to lazarus though or to cinnamon.