On 15/11/2019 8:58 pm, Florian Klämpfl via lazarus wrote:
> Feels like a discussion from 1998 :)

:-) True. JWM is still being maintained though, so it's not
abandon-ware. Nothing wrong with good old X11 Window Managers. As
somebody pointed out to me recently.... Of everything mankind has
created, software is the only thing that doesn't decay over time. So
there is nothing wrong with running "old" software either - if it gives
the functionality you need.

On a side note:
   Not that I restart my system or UI much, but it is awesome
   seeing my UI fully loaded near instantly after I type 'startx'.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/