On Tue, Feb 6, 2024 at 11:31 PM Timothy Groves via lazarus <
lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> ... and RichMemo won't work.  (It will compile
> in, but then Lazarus crashes on startup with an Access Violation.)

I updated lazarus-ccr repo and tried to install the RichMemo_design
package. Lazarus does not crash but the RichMemo component does not show up
either. It should be in the 'Common Controls' palette page.

I tested with Lazarus trunk + LCL-GTK2 and LCL-QT5 widgetsets. For LCL-GTK2
I had to add {$define RMLCLTRUNK} in unit Gtk2RichMemo. It is used for
function GetWidgetInfo() which was last edited by Mark in 2010. Maybe an
IFDEF was needed for Lazarus trunk some 14 years ago but now the code
should be updated.

Does RichMemo installation work for somebody?

Juha