On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 12:18 AM Werner Pamler via lazarus <
lazarus@lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> What "does not show up mean"? No icon on the component palette? In this
> case you probably missed to install the designtime package which is a bit
> hidden in the "ide" folder among all the interface folders.

Correct, there is no RichMemo icon on the component palette. Not found with
the component list either.
I installed the designtime package and saw the line
  RegisterComponents('Common Controls', [TRichMemo]);

Maybe my earlier experiments screwed the system somehow. I will test more
later ...

Juha