The content pages, will have a navigation bar below the shrinked header. The shrinked header will be static which will show the appropriate slide in regard with the content being displayed.

Here's my proposal for content page layout:
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/676/lazwebnewsubpage030210.png

The content area, between the link bar (toppest) and large footer bar, contains 2 section:
- static content on the left pane with static header on the top.
- dynamic content on the right pane with latest release info and download at the toppest, content navigation, and snapshot of some dynamic contents.

The snapshot contents can be some of the following sources:
- latest news update
- random user testimonial
- latest svn commit
- recent forum topic
- hottest forum topic
- recent submitted contributed code
- random screenshot
- recent change of wiki
- recent post of dev blog

My purpose of using this approach is to combine fixed content (which would be very rarely changed) with changing/dynamic content (which would change frequently) in order not to bore regular visitors. The dynamic content might surprise some visitors about something they never knew/heard before.

This dynamic snapshot content, obviously, needs help from a simple application what would select and embed them on the pages.

Please share your idea and opinions.

--

-Bee-

...making buzzes at http://twitter.com/beezing