Ludo Brands wrote:
/Very/ well done :-) Please do write it up, particularly if you have a record of what libraries you had to pull in (SFW or whatever).

This is the procedure to get lazarus trunk and fpc trunk up and running
starting from a clean system (adapt to your processor, I'm on x86):

-Get and install fpc 2.4.4 from
http://www.freepascal.org/down/i386/solaris-ftp.freepascal.org.var

-Install following packages from http://sunfreeware.com/. This is a long
list because gnu binutils, make, subversion (a lot of dependencies) and gtk2
[...]
Can you update us on how this works on SPARC? If that goes well, I'll turn
this into a wiki page.

I think it would be worth knocking that into a wiki page, then when I've got time I can either write a parallel one for SPARC or annotate yours.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk