Ludo Brands wrote:
Can you update us on how this works on SPARC? If that goes
well, I'll
turn this into a wiki page.
I think it would be worth knocking that into a wiki page, then when I've got time I can either write a parallel one for SPARC or annotate yours.

Here it is : http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_on_Solaris
I added a Solaris 11 Express paragraph as it is quite different from 10 and
coming with its own little problems (the bug in ld from the official
gnu-binutils for example).

If I'm reading that properly you're using FPC 2.5.1, but what (numeric) version of Lazarus?

I'll probably start off with the compiler etc. I've got working here, I had problems with install.sh which I described in bug report 0018271.

I'm trying to put some time into the SPARC side, now that you've pointed out that SFW is applicable to 10 not 11. I'll be back.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk