Am 01.08.2013 12:25, schrieb Mark Morgan Lloyd:
Sven Barth wrote:
Am 01.08.2013 10:29, schrieb Michael Schnell:
On 08/01/2013 10:04 AM, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
Why? SSH/SCP works much better/more securely if accessing servers across the internet. No need to mess with VPNs etc.
If this is "internet", he might want to install a VPN and with that he can use CIFS.

So his pascal project is not bothered with dirty details of the file transfer.
In that case he could also try SSHFS which let's him mount a remote directory through SSH (I didn't test that myself though as of yet): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSHFS

Which I suppose begs the question of whether a FUSE VFS could be written in FPC.

Considering that there is a C example for writing a FUSE VFS ( http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/fuse/index.php?title=Hello_World ) the answer is yes. We also already have a FUSE unit in packages and it seems to be ready for FUSE 2.6 at least. For more modern versions (e.g. 2.8) the unit needs to be recompiled (and for 2.9 it might need to be updated).

Regards,
Sven