Sven Barth wrote:

If Lazarus could address even a few of the major issues, I think it
would become the dominant programming tool of the Middle East. I thing
that's significant.

I know it sounds harsh, but: patches are accepted. In Open Source one mostly investigates in problems that oneself is interested in. Afterall most developers are working on such projects in their free time. So if you want something implemented then either implement it yourself or find someone else to implement it for you (e.g. by putting up a bounty or by finding some kind soul that would implement it).

Or at the very least by setting out in a clear fashion what you consider the problems to be, describing how they can be fixed in a cross-platform manner, and why they're sufficiently compelling as to require immediate work to the possible detriment of the remainder of the project.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk