On 02/04/2014 03:48 PM, Sven Barth wrote:
When you call a method of a widget that results in some GUI related stuff Qt checks the current thread ID against the thread ID the QApplication was created in (or more precisely: the thread ID the event loop is running in) using an Assert. While there can be multiple event loops in Qt and there can be signal passing across threads it is not possible to have more than one active GUI event loop.
:-)
I agree with Michael van Canneyt that I don't even remotely see the need for multi threaded GUIs.

:-(

-Michael