On 02/06/2014 11:54 AM, Reimar Grabowski wrote:

You see that as shortcomings. Most others (even widgetset developers) see
thread-safe GUIs as nonsense without real benefit, else they would be available.
I think we can agreee to disagree.
This is a funny opinion indeed.

 - we did a project in a standard (single-threaded GUI) way
- with enhanced demand of the customers this did not work decently (GUI getting sluggish)
 - we found that using a multi-threaded GUI would solve the problem
- we found that this is not possible due to shortcomings of the underlying system - we did a redesign with multiple applications and found that this does work fine on exactly the same hardware - it was a huge overhead regarding the software design, the effort to transfer data between the multiple applications, and RAM demand - hence it is obviously a shortcoming that might be solved by the designers of the infrastructure system - I agree that this is only relevant in a rather small range of applications. But this does not deny that it is a shortcoming nonetheless, as solving it would not impose any disadvantages for anyone.

-Michael