On 06/23/2014 11:48 AM, Giuliano Colla wrote:
No, this is about creating new Widget Types which don't use *any* of the widgets LCL provides.
This is rather exactly the same with my current project (only that there will not be any widgets in runtime at all either).
In short, LCL philosophy is to have a High Level WS, (LCL) whose implementation part is demanded to some third party Widgetset (such as gtk, qt, Windows, etc.), via an Interfaces unit. This is not compatible with other implementations, such as Kylix and fgGui, just to mention two.
I understand that "customdrawn" is on a similar trail (regarding runtime, Kylix and fpGUI provide their own GUI designer tools, though). [ To me customdrawn seems the most promising of the three mentioned. ]

Does you project already have a working (runtime) implementation of an Event Queue and of TTimer ?

-Michael