On Saturday, December 20, 2014, Giuliano Colla <giuliano.co...@fastwebnet.it>
wrote:

> I did. Apparently no problems with the basic default components, but a
> number of weird things with the other tabs, such as one tab showing the
> components of next tab, and some components/tabs which have disappeared.
> Even "Restore default values" doesn't manage to restore properly: some
> components shown in the wrong tab, and/or with wrong Icon. Need to restart
> Lazarus to really restore.
> I understand that this is too vague to help you fixing what requires
> fixing.
> I'll make some more test trying to isolate the problems, to provide you
> more information, but it takes time.

You did not mention your widgetset or platform.
The problems depend on PageControl behavior on different platforms. I
debugged a lot and the configuration code itself is doing the right thing
now. For me the whole feature works well with 3 widgetsets, GTK2, QT on
Linux and then Windows. I am surprised that you still get so severe errors.
QT had redraw problem, one tab disappeared etc., but I got it fixed.
But yes, the PageControl update part of component palette is very nasty.

Can you verify that the configuration works correctly after restarting the
IDE?
It would mean there are only redraw problems.

Juha