On Thu, 10 Sep 2015, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:

Maybe desktops could have some per-project info?
Let's keep it easy and don't reopen/close package windows in desktop change. Package is something like an independent project so let's handle them the same as editor windows.

BTW. I heard some rumours that project groups should be supported at some point (?) - the same modern Delphi has. If it is so, the package editor will be deleted anyway and replaced by the project group window.

That is not correct. They will remain independent, at least it is so in the implementation I submitted to Mattias.

The need in Delphi to always open a package in a project group is terribly annoying, so Lazarus should definitely not make the same mistake.

Michael.