> Marvelous! I'll try that and it will most probably work. I'll come

If you decide to use fpc 2.0.2 remember that when you build a normal lazarus GUI
style application you may have to change back to your old compiler in the
lazarus
directory.
The lazarus packages and components I think need to be recompiled with the new
compiler you choose if you decide to build a gui application.

Myself I built a custom version of lazarus 0.9.7 with fpc 2.0.2 and all it's
components and packages. What I would do if I were you would just switch back
to your
old compiler when you decide to build a gui program

> later with results... I still don't know why your dll was working and
> not mine. If this is because of the smartlinking issue... well...
> hum... I don't know what to say.

Me neither, what was the error? I was hoping it was simply because you forgot to
rename mydll.dll.dll to mydll.dll or something simple like that. But I assume
you
renamed it and it found the DLL correctly when statically pulling it in on
application loading?