>Yes, and maybe that you can update the wiki?

Although I don't feel confident advising because of my limited skills, I
made this amendment to the wiki:

"...called TMySQLConnection (depicted by a dolphin).

If can't find $Lazarus/components/sqldb/mysql directory and
mysql4connlaz.lpk then this mean that you are using a newer version in
which mysql4connlaz.lpk merged with sqldblaz.lpk. It is OK, installing
sqldblaz.lpk you will get all components mentioned into same Lazarus IDE
toolbar TAB.

If you do not know how to install components..."

Please approve information and English syntax.

>Reading the WIKI-text above, you'll see
>immediately what's wrong:
>you're not using the latest SVN version
>of Lazarus.

I run "svn update" into Lazarus folder every day and not only once. This
moment's Lazarus revision is 8893.

>Sorry, but I can't resist:
>'I've written some code and it raises
>an exception. Can anyone help me?'
>What is the exception: 'Incorrect
>password'? Or maybe: 'Can not resolve
>hostname'?

I understand the way you feel not getting enough information to figure
the problem out. Information I had last time just before posted this
request seemed useless to me so I did not include it, don't know, can't
remember what exactly was, I believe it was totally general. I'm sure
that if it was providing something useful such as 'Incorrect password'
or 'Can not resolve hostname' I wouldn't judge it the way I did.

In the mean time, I read again article mentioned, followed every one of
suggestions there and made some cleaning and privileges checking.
Running sample application again, I get segfault mentioned on your
reply. After svn-ing fpc from scratch I got revision 2820.

Now, after svn-ing fpc and try to compile it (I have to do it, don't I?)
using comamnd "make all" I get an error "cannot find -lgpm". Let me find
the cause and be back if necessary.

Panagiotis