2006/4/18, Joost van der Sluis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Delphi handled that for you, yes. Just like SQLdb does.  ODBC doesn't
> support more than one transaction for a connection, just like
> PostgreSQL.

Very interesting, I never payed attention to that. I have an app in
D3/BDE/ODBC/PostgreSQL8.x and will look at the behaviour this
week-end. (Look at multiple connections to the PostgreSQL server).

In fact, I'm not scandalized by that; this is ok. If a
thread/dbconnection crashes this will not affect the whole working of
the program/db. So there are advantages to that behaviour. Disaventage
is potentially too many connections per client (and to the server).
But, at that point, better software design can be achieve.

Thank you for the information Joost.

--
Alexandre Leclerc