2006/5/11, Michael Van Canneyt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Thu, 11 May 2006, Micha Nelissen wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>> Whatever the answer, I'd rather go for the OpenOffice format:
>> it's an open standard.
>
> Open Standard or 'de facto' Standard ?

Open, I would say ?

Yes, odt files & al. are open format. And as of 1 may 2006 it is now
an official ISO 26300 approved format (as other format like PDF and
HTML who are also ISO approved).

OASIS / ISO
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=office
http://www.iso.org/iso/en/CatalogueDetailPage.CatalogueDetail?CSNUMBER=43485&scopelist=PROGRAMME

More info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument

(In all url, change 'en' for 'fr' to get the french version. Might
work for other languages as well.)

I'm very much for the open document format, but I don't know if it can
serve a help file very easely. But I suggested that format in another
thread :)

Regards.

--
Alexandre Leclerc