Michael Van Canneyt a écrit :
People taking offense at this name only make themselves ridiculous.
I refuse to take that (or them) serious. ( Yes, and I will take the
risk that I will burn eternally in hell for this ;-) )

As far as I am concerned, it is not a matter of offense. I am as
atheist as you are (if not more :-)

The problem with "Lazarus" is that it is a very bad name. There is
nothing in it that is linked to the software itself or that suggests
something pleasant. To keep the idea that is behind "Lazarus", for
instance, "Phoenix" would have been a better choice. But, as a matter
of fact, any "X-FPC" or "FPC-X" would have been better. Not that these
names are good, just it is very difficult to be worst than "Lazarus".

Maybe a change of name could be justified by arguing that "Lazarus" was
a temporary name used during the beta phase, or something. The Lazarus
team (btw, re-read the two previous words and tell me you don't
immediately think of some preacher gang ;-) , the Lazarus team could
organize a poll like "Which name do you suggest for the release 1.0?"
If most Lazarus users are aware of the change of name and, in more,
are asked to participate to this change, there will be no problem.

mm