If you want to gain users and/or developers, the application name needs to be
known around the world. For this reason the name is very important and to my
own experience "Lazarus" is not a good name.

Allthough I am only an amateur programmer (used to program with VBA, VB within
Access mostly) I am trying to find my way out with Lazarus. When I told my
colleagues (I am the one eyed among the blinds) that I was looking into
Lazarus, I got reactions like "that does not sound well". When I spoke with
some Delphi programmers and told them that I was looking into Lazarus, they
all thought that I was kidding and could not imagine that it would be
something as a serious RAD tool, they never heart of Lazarus before.

I think that changing the name into something that "puts the application on
the Map" will help the application/project a lot. I think a good name that
will bring the application into the picture might be e.g. "Develope".

Develope is not far from "Dephi" sound but different enough to distincwish
from Delphi. I googled around a little and did not find any other project
called "Develope".  When checking some urls on develope:
- www.develope.com is owned by www.cypack.com, looks like a Korean hosting
company (www.develope.com might be for sale).
- www.develope.net is for sale at www.UrlCollection.com.
- www.develope.org is owned by www.haering.ws a German design company?
- www.develope.eu is still free.

Note, when looking for "Develop" you will find more, e.g. a Printer and Copier
brand name but did not find an other project with this name.

Rob.