2006/7/6, Christian U. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
lazarus is no delphi, and delphi isnt crossplatform.
librarys (as the name says) are for sharing functions, the ui is always
platform dependend librarys not ...

Yes I know that laz isn't delphi. Yet, we talk about technical
possibilities here. If others can do it, if I can do it in c/c++, ...
why not in fpc? (I'm kind of rethorical here, not bashing on.)

and i dont know an case where an whole application needs to used by another.
and if this fall is the case, why dont use an normal executable ?

I stated a case about using different languages. A DLL in pascal,
another application using this dll in any other language. Some
languages do not have the hability to do that much and DLLs comes
handy, even as UI extensions.

you can "dock" another window to an form ... so you can use any application
you want in this way.

Well, this is not completely working in lazarus yet (under win32 you
can't dock a form in another without having mouse/focus problems), so
it would be much more hard in some other languages. (This was working
too in Delphi 3 :) )

I do not have all the required skills to send patches on deep-down lcl
issues. I'd like to. :)

Best regards.

--
Alexandre Leclerc