2006/7/15, Mattias Gaertner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 09:35:29 -0400
"Alexandre Leclerc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I remember a feature in D6 in the UnitEditor: a vertical code browser
> for fast-searching in source code. This was a very nice gadget.

Do you mean the View -> Code Explorer?

Yes, exactly that. I see a lot of work has already been done. Next
step is to dock that in the UnitEditor. I see many features are
already in lazarus, but simply not at hand or don't know about it. The
work left is almost better UI integration and presentation.

I see that the goto stuff is not working on my version. I'll be able
to work on this.

> 4. I'm sure there are already functions and tools to get information
> about a source file's structure (interface, implementation,
> initialization, finalization) but where is it?

codetools

Ok, I also see examples of codetools that you made. I'll take a look
at all that.

> (I
> personally hate these, but I know someone talked about code-folding
> such include files: that would be awesome,

Yes, but it would require a lot of changes to synedit.

Maybe one day! :) Post 1.0

> especially if a search in a
> document would extend into the .inc files too...

Use Search -> 'Find in files'.
Otherwise: Extend Find/Replace to use functions of 'Find in files'.

Search in document is too broad sometimes, or you always need to
change the directory where you want to search. Some changes could
enhance the behaviour...

> this is another
> feature I want to work on, because searching is a pain...

Ehm, what and how do you search?

How Ctrl+F :)

Sometimes when diging in the LCL you want to see the implementation of
a function. (Ctrl+Shift+Up) But other times parts of a string... but
the actual find is not going in the include files. But I think this
will be useless now, because most of the time it was for the
implementation of a procedure.

> and also
> working on another feature: there is 'find declaration' but 'find
> implementation' is missing...)

Do you mean Ctrl+Shift+Up ?

Yes! This is what I was looking for.  Thank you.

Is there a place where all these features are documented? :) I see
that many of them I'm missing and was about to code already exist.

Thank you very much for your time. My coding life with Lazarus has
enhanced a lot now :)

--
Alexandre Leclerc