#0  0x00289478 in GTKAPIWIDGETCLIENT_DRAWCARET (CLIENT=0xbdbf18,
  CALLEDBYTIMER=false) at gtkwinapiwindow.pp:698

Please check if the line numbers are correct:

696:      if (WidgetStyle<>nil)
697:      and (Widget^.Window<>nil)
698:      and (Width>0)
696:      and (Height>0)

The Width is accessed some lines in front.
Maybe a compiler bug?
Add some writelns and find out what pointer exactly gives the SIGSEGV.

Mattias