Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> #0  0x00289478 in GTKAPIWIDGETCLIENT_DRAWCARET (CLIENT=0xbdbf18,
>   CALLEDBYTIMER=false) at gtkwinapiwindow.pp:698
>
> Please check if the line numbers are correct:
>
> 696:      if (WidgetStyle<>nil)
> 697:      and (Widget^.Window<>nil)
> 698:      and (Width>0)
> 696:      and (Height>0)
>
> The Width is accessed some lines in front.
> Maybe a compiler bug?
> Add some writelns and find out what pointer exactly gives the SIGSEGV.

I can confirm those line numbers. I'll work on it, but it will take me some
while and I might need to ask for more help since I'm very much a beginner as
far as the FPC/Lazarus codebases and gdb are concerned.

I've got FPC building itself for SPARC without error, although there's a problem
in the interface between the fp IDE and gdb- I don't think that should be
relevant to this one. Something that I think I could usefully try is building
Lazarus for x86 just in case there's something undetected in the version of the
sources that I've got.

I wonder whether I could ask what this list's preferred policy is about CCing
message posters to make sure that relevant threads don't get lost in the noise?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk