Florian Klaempfl wrote:
Thomas Miller wrote:

I think most people are interested in ASP.Net as it makes developing web
aps almost as easy as developing native aps in Delphi.

I still use Delphi for native and Chrome with ASP.Net for web development.

http://www.chromesville.com/index.asp?

I don't use Lazarus even though I would like to because it doesn't have
a standard DB interface

sqldb?

Is that a standard interface with multiple drivers available for different DBs like dbExpress.  It seems  to me that Lazarus has DB access stuff stubbed out, but then you have to write it all yourself.

like dbExpress.  It is too bad everyone keeps
recreating the wheel for each database.  I am the author of dbExpress
Plus and would love to port the components to Lazarus if someone would
help with the low level db stuff.

If it's delphi code, it could be ported rather easily?

It is very specific to the dbExpress architecture, but if something similar was added to Lazarus, then yes it would be easy to port.  And drivers would be available immediately.

http://www.eset.com

--
Thomas Miller
Chrome Portal Project Manager