> > > My colleagues in other departments like Physics and Math
> regret they
> > > dint go the CS route. But I regret  I dint stick to Physics or
> > > Mathematics. In these an Equation is always an equation. We dont
> > > have another company coming up and throwing away an
> equation for a
> > > new one.
> > > And we dont have to learn things from scratch to stay in the job.
> >
> > But then you lose all the fun, plus your skill rot
>
> Nonsense. I improve every day. I don't waste my time learning
> another language. I do learn new exciting things every day,
> and I apply them best and fastest using the language I know
> best: Object Pascal.
> Learning a new programming language is not useful in itself.
>
> If I had to spend time learning new languages all the time,
> to be up to date with all hype languages, I wouldn't be
> improving my useful set of skills, and on top I would know
> all these languages only superficially.
> No thanks...
>
> But that is just my point of view, of course...

Who says you have to learn a new language? Since Borland did it with
Delphi.net and provided Object Pascal compiler for .NET with not many
changes to Object Pascal language, then FreePascal can also do it.

Also checkout Chrome (an ObjectPascal clone for .NET) from RemObjects (the
makes of the opensource PascalScript scripting engine for Delphi), the
command-line compiler they have is free

----------------
George Birbilis ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Computer & Informatics Engineer
Microsoft MVP J# for 2004-2006
Borland "Spirit of Delphi"
++ QuickTime, Delphi, ActiveX, .NET components ++
http://www.kagi.com/birbilis
++ Robotics ++
http://www.mech.upatras.gr/~Robotics
http://www.mech.upatras.gr/~robgroup

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 0644-0, 30/10/2006
Tested on: 30/10/2006 4:56:33 ??