That's very noble of you. But also very vague.

The gtk2 will never run on the level of gtk1. Most things can and
will be done better, some things like speed and library stability can
not be reached. The gtk1 lacks some features and has some bugs. The
gtk2 has other bugs.

IMHO the gtk1 lacks too many things for a lazarus 1.0. We have to take
gtk2 for that.

Mattias