From: Vincent Snijders [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 5:27 AM
To: lazarus mailinglist
Subject: [lazarus] New name for the win32 widget set?

Hi,

The win32 widgetset can be used (with more or less success) on several
windows
versions, starting from windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, XP 64, Vista
64 bits.

Because Microsoft has done such a good job with the 64 port of the 32
bit winapi to
64 bits and the fpc windows unit abstracts remaining differences well,
we can really
use the win32 widgetset for native win64 programs too.

The name is confusing though. People compile for set the OS target to
win64, but are
using the win32 widget set, which is not 32 bit as the name suggests. I
think it
would be good the rename it. I just not sure what the new name should
be. Any ideas?

The only one I can think of is just "win", but that might be a bit
short.

Vincent