On 5/10/07, Andrew Haines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

there is a chm viewer in lazarus/components/chmhelp. it is possible to
run the free microsoft htmlhelp compiler "hhc.exe" in wine under linux.

Does the chmhelp component work under Linux as well?  I never even
bother to check if it does, just assumed it's Windows only.

What component does it use to display the HTML?

somewhere here I have a project file for hhc to compile the html fpc and
lcl documentation into a .chm file or one for the each rtl fcl lcl etc.
There is also a component in that directory to install in lazarus  so
that pressing f1 starts lhelp and displays the correct page. It's very fast.

Thanks Andrew, I'll start looking into the chmhelp and lhelp in more
detail. This will probably save me hours of work!

--
Graeme Geldenhuys

There's no place like S34° 03.168'  E018° 49.342'