Alvise Nicoletti wrote:

My boss don't pays me to compile my IDE, but to produce software, so he got a lot nervous every time a new library for Lazarus cames out, cause I often have to reinstall everything (like it's happening now with the new version of lnet created by Ales Katona that requires the lastest fpc to compile.

So don't install the IDE, but download the fpc and lazarus from the sources plus the fpcbuild repository, compile both projects (just a "make clean all" in the console), create a shortcut and enjoy.

--
Joao Morais