I've compiled my first console program for arm-linux and ran it on my
Nokai n800 tablet.

I downloaded arm-linux-fpc-2.0.4.i386-linux.tar from ftp.freepascal.org
and installed it.

I created a simple console app and ran the following at a command line:

ppcarm -Xd -Sd -XParm-linux- project1.lpr

Worked like a charm.

Placing those options in the "additional options" for the compiler
options in Lazarus also works, though setting processor to "arm" and os
to "linux" didn't do it for me.  I have no clue what those params mean -
copied it off a website.

I'm unclear of how to get the LCL built for ARM... if I try this to
build any GUI app, it won't link, complaining about an incompatible
crtbegin.o

Trying to compile the same graphical app at a command line complains it
can't find Interfaces.

Can anyone point me in the next direction?