Am Donnerstag, den 02.08.2007, 20:01 -0400 schrieb Tony Maro:
> On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 18:51 -0400, Tony Maro wrote:
> > I created a simple console app and ran the following at a command
> > line:
> >
> > ppcarm -Xd -Sd -XParm-linux- project1.lpr
> >
> > Worked like a charm.
> >
> > Placing those options in the "additional options" for the compiler
> > options in Lazarus also works, though setting processor to "arm" and
> > os to "linux" didn't do it for me.  I have no clue what those params
> > mean - copied it off a website.
> >
> > I'm unclear of how to get the LCL built for ARM... if I try this to
> > build any GUI app, it won't link, complaining about an incompatible
> > crtbegin.o
>
> Well I got past that with a few #ifdef in the fpc.cfg.
>
> Now I'm stuck on:
>
> Compiling project1.lpr
> Assembling project1
> Linking project1
> /usr/local/bin/arm-linux-ld: cannot find -lpthread
> project1.lpr(19) Error: Error while linking

AFAIK the linker isn't able to link your program against "libpthread.so"
because it is not found.

You could search it ("ldconfig -r|grep pthread" on my OS) and then give
the full path to ld with something like:

ppcarm <your params here> -k-L<path where libpthread.so is found>
project1.lpr

e.g.

ppcarm -Xd -Sd -XParm-linux- -k-L/usr/lib project1.lpr

Another cause could be that the library isn't needed. Then you'd have to
find the place in the sources or makefiles where it is forced in.

HTH,
MArc